Tool Chest Video Series
Welcome to the “free” sample video episode on building the tool chest. I hope you find it educational and of interest. Be sure to click the full screen button on the video for best viewing!
To view the remaining episodes on how “easy” it is to build this tool chest does require you to subscribe to one of my High Definition video subscription services or to purchase the DVD version. As in the Workbench Series, every episode provides clear and precise “step-by-step” instructions for you to follow. This tool chest video series can be used to construct a tool chest for almost any bench that has lower stretchers in its base construction.
Main Features of this Tool Chest Series
To repeat some of the main points from Episode 1, I have provided instructions and suggestions in this series for those that want to build a smaller, larger, wider, etc. version of this bench.
The overall dimensions for the tool chest which I’ll be building in this video series are it’s 43” Long X 19 3/8” High X 21” Deep
The approx. weight of this tool chest is 100 lbs.
The key features of this tool chest include:
- Your choice of hardwood selections, in this series I will be using maple, walnut to trim and detail the chest, and purpleheart.
- ¾” Plywood is used in the case construction
- It has a three drawers in the Drawer Compartment, but I suggest how to add additional drawers in the video
- These drawers are mounted on Blum Tandem, Full Extension Slides that are anti-slam and self-closing, and have a 100 lb. weight capacity.
- The Storage Compartment contains an adjustable 12” wide shelf.
- The Storage Compartment and Top Drawer are lockable to protect your most cherished tools.
To purchase a subscription service or a DVD version of this series, the Bench series, or the Combined series (best deal) please click one of the following icons.